3161 E Palmer-Wasilla Hwy #2
Wasilla, AK 99654
The objectives of this training are to:
- Learn how suicide affects the State of Alaska.
- Learn myths and facts surrounding suicide.
- Recognize warning signs of suicide.
- Know how to offer hope.
- Know how to get help and save a life.
- Know what resources are available for help and support.
The Alaska Gatekeeper Training uses the QPR method as its core training. QPR stands for Question, Persuade and Refer, an emergency mental health intervention for suicidal persons created by Paul Quinnett. QPR is a simple education program that teaches everyday community members to recognize a suicide risk and how to get a person at risk the help they need. It is also an action plan that can result in lives saved.
This training is approved to meet the State of Alaska requirement for school employees’ annual training in suicide prevention.
When: Tuesday, September 19, 2017