LINKS is a nonprofit organization that provides information, support, and assistance to parents of children and individuals with special needs, seniors, and their professional partners and their communities.
Job Summary- Under the direction of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for program and event management, volunteer recruitment and coordination, marketing, public relations, and community outreach. The employee must have strong organizational experience, be able to work independently, have excellent social and communication skills, and have a passion for making a difference in the lives of seniors and people with disabilities in this community. The Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for LINKS, expansion, and the execution of its mission.
Responsibilities and Duties
Programs and Services
- Provide leadership in developing and maintaining program, organizational, and financial plans with the Board of Directors and employees.
- Continually assess community needs and align program services accordingly.
- Utilize technology to expand and support evidence-based services.
- Maintain relationships with key organizational partners and engage in advocacy at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Lead LINKS Resource Center in its efforts to maximize resources and services to Mat-Su families, clients, and the general public.
- Develop strong relationships with funding program officers while managing grants and fiscal policies.
- Meet strategic objectives while adhering to budget requirements.
- Ensure grant requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to create, explain, and maintain budgets.
Board and Staff Relations
- Maintain a strong working partnership with the Board of Directors and communicate to keep the Board informed.
- Responsible for the recruitment, employment, and release of all personnel.
- Ensure that employees have accurate job descriptions and regular performance evaluations.
- Foster an environment of staff development, continual education, and growth.
- Assist the Board of Directors in the governance and strategic direction of LINKS’ current and future operations.
- Support the Board of Directors in conducting a strategic planning session at a minimum of every three years, to review data, discuss stategric issues, set strategic direction, and prioritize and ensure alignment between the Board of Directors and LINKS employees.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree with well-rounded professional experience, and/or 5 years of non-profit management experience.
- Track record of increasing responsibility within a non-profit organization.
- 3 years of senior management experience.
- Competence with accounting procedures.
- Extensive experience managing a professional staff.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strategic partnerships.
Background check required.
Position is open until filled:
To Apply please email CV/Resume and Cover Letter, pdf format preferred, to email@example.com