ADRC Specialist/ Person Centered Intake Program Support
The primary role of this position is to support the Person Centered Intake (PCI) Program staff by providing information & referral services, short-term case management, and options counseling to persons who experience disabilities, as well as to senior citizens in the Mat-Su borough, as needed.
Duties of this role include:
- Provide information and referral assistance to people who have disabilities, seniors, family members, and other agencies
- Provide one-on-one options counseling and assistance to ensure successful linkage to community, state and federal services, programs and resources
- Provide advocacy to assist individuals in accessing services and promote social justice for residents of the Mat-Su Valley
- Follow up to see if clients were able to access the services recommended, or if more assistance or direction as needed
- Complete consumer/caller notes, and other documentation necessary to justify the need for services in the Mat-Su valley and to ensure continued funding of ADRC program
- Duties will require some traveling throughout the borough
- Carry out other assignments to support ADRC team as required
The secondary role of this joint position is to pre-assess an individual to help them and all concerned understand whether they meet the physical and/or functional needs associated with aging (Nursing Facility Level of Care – NFLOC) or Intellectual and Developmental Disability (DD) requirements in order to qualify for the State of Alaska’s Home and Community Based Waiver programs.
Duties of this role include:
- Collect and record any demographic information that wasn’t collected by the Person Centered Intake (PCI) scheduler
- Listen and record the individual’s narrative, in order to determine the individual’s needs
- Perform a PCI assessment, based on their ability to do activities of daily living (ADLs), to see if they are likely to qualify for Medicaid Waiver
- Provide Options counseling to individuals and their families, based on their needs, to assist their ability to continue living independently in their own community and home, for as long as possible
- Provide the individual with contact information for different in-home providers, community services, as well as care coordinators in the Mat-Su area. The Care Coordinator is the person responsible for filing the actual Waiver
- Medicaid eligibility is the primary piece and first step to Waiver. The PCI Screener helps with this application process, determines if they are likely eligible based on income and/or assets; if over income discusses with the consumer/family/advocate the Road to Medicaid Process (Miller Trust), and refer them to an Elder Law Attorney
Skills & Experience Required:
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Must have past experience working as a Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA), Personal Care Assistant (PCA), or Care Coordinator
- Ability to digest complex and/or technical material and apply it in real-world situations that affect vulnerable populations
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to function in a high pace environment
- Ability to record clear and detailed notes for the PCI staff, and future Care Coordinators
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in health and human services, with experience providing services to seniors and people with disabilities
- Thorough understanding of human services delivery system, including human services systems commonly used by people with disabilities and seniors, and other social service resources as well as state and federal benefits programs
- Curiosity, kindness, and passion for learning new information and skills in order to better assist our consumers, as well as ADRC staff
- Ability to be flexible
- Ability to demonstrate healthy interpersonal boundaries
- Ability to communicate and work well with a variety of individuals
- Ability to problem solve both personal and client-related situations as they arise
- Ability to work well independently and in a team setting
Physical demands: Ability to lift up to 25 lbs – accommodations as needed.
Work environment:. Casual office environment. We encourage open, respectful, and honest communication between team members. The work environment is positive and friendly.
**We are currently working from home- Must have internet service available **
To apply, send a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 777 N Crusey St A101, Wasilla, AK 99654. Call 907-373-3632 if you have any questions.