The Multi-Disciplinary Team
Our Mission: Utilize the expertise of professionals to increase collaboration to best serve high utilizers of systems across the Mat-Su Borough.
The Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) is a group of various representatives from the emergency services and medical community within the Mat-Su Borough who meet on a monthly basis to brainstorm challenges that arise with the top utilizers of emergency systems across the borough. These representatives focus on breaking down communications barriers in the medical community, filling gaps in health care, and improving the overall life of individuals in need.
Members of the MDT
The MDT is a place for professionals to maximize their resources for patient care. Members bring cases to the MDT, not to pass the client and his/her needs on to someone else, but to collaborate with professionals from other specialties in order to gain a comprehensive and complete plan of care for the individual/patient. We at MDT strive to cover the key fields of care through our representatives while remaining size-effective.
How We Measure Success
- Decrease of gap-filling services for high utilizer cases/clients
- Testimonials from providers of improved mental or physical health in clients.
- Increase in the number of cases referred to MDT (Measures community awareness growth).
- Increase in the number of cases handled by MDT (Discussed & A plan developed).
- Reduction in overlapping behavioral health services.
- Increase the amount of BH services available to clients.
Current MDT Entities: LINKS Resource Center, Mat-Su Regional Medical Center, Mat-Su Health Services, Care Coordination Resource of Alaska, Palmer Wellness Court, Daybreak, Inc, Mat-Su Borough EMS, and Connect Mat-Su.