LINKS Mat-Su Parent Resource Center, Inc. has an opportunity for an applicant with experience in human service or social work. Help clients who have high emergency department usage to become an effective consumer of medical services and self-advocate.
Competitive Pay: $20 DOE Hours: 40 hours per week, daytime with occasional evenings, rotating weekends. Location: Mat-Su core area Caseload: May include people who experience disabilities, co-occurring disorders and complex medical/social needs.
Examples of duties include: Assist eligible clients to access appropriate quality medical care. Provide information, referral and case management to clients who are high utilizers of emergency services. Coordinate with family members, and other agencies. Attend community events and meetings as a representative of the HUMS program. Travel throughout the Borough, but generally in the core area. Carry out other assignments as required.
▪ Social work, human services case management working experience required
▪ Ability to communicate well with a variety of professionals including doctors and legal entities.
▪ Able to perform home visits including safely navigating a variety of home environments *Due to covid19 concerns this will be evaluated for safety
▪ Consistently promote client growth and independence
▪ Cultural competency and experience with diverse populations
▪ Demonstrate objective oral and written communication
▪ Maintain healthy professional boundaries, good judgment, and self-care
▪ Ability to work independently and as a team in a community setting
▪ Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
▪ Alaska driver’s license, vehicle, and insurance
▪ Computer literate. Can be trained on specific systems
▪ Must be able to pass a background check
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in social work or human services case management preferred. Send your resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled. Due to COVID19 concerns this position will begin their work with LINKS from home and will transition to the office when safe to do so.