High Utilizer Mat-Su Program
Who we are and how we can help
The High Utilizer Mat-Su (HUMS) program is located in the Mat-Su Health Foundation building. Under the guidance of the director, there are three Community Health Workers who have a variety of experience in the medical and behavioral health field. When a new client is referred to our program they meet with a community health worker to discuss goals and any barriers they may have to receive quality care. As a client, you will have access to the community health worker Monday through Friday. The program is voluntary and our work is designed around the goals you set. The HUMS program will connect you to a continuum of care to meet all your needs and to improve your overall wellness.
Determine your goals and develop a plan
- Increase patient self-reliance to more effectively address their health care needs.
- Increase individual patient health by assisting them in the navigation of community-based systems.
- Reduce the number of barriers experienced by patients which prevents access to community-based systems of care.
- Decrease in the number of ED visits by HUMS patients.
- Increase communication within the system of care in Mat-Su among first responders, MDT, ED and HUMS staff, and community providers.
- Primary Care and Specialty Doctor Referrals
- Assist with transportation, to and from medical appointments
- Attend appointments with you as an advocate, or chaperone for procedures
- Medicaid, Medicare, SSDI referrals within our office
- Substance abuse, detox, behavioral health, and mental health referrals
- Assistance with housing, utilities, and basic needs
For more information, call 907.887.HUMS (4867)